Friday, July 15, 2011

Video review

I watched La Primavera, Leonardo Da Vinci, and Night Watch. I chose these because I am familiar with the two paintings, and spent a semester abroad in Italy so I am also interseted in Da Vinci. I researched La Primavera a lot in a previous class, but through the video I learned even more takes on the painting. Everyone has their own opinion about interpreting art so it is always interesting to hear more takes on it. A surprising thing I learned from Da Vinci was that he performed autopsies....That is strange and interesting, and maybe something I didn't want to know. I wonder if his studies helped perfecting his art at all. I have always been intrigued by Rembrandt's Night Watch because of the extreme chiaroscuro he uses, but I learned how much this painting has been through in vandalism, and as always I am shocked that people would treat someones creation like that...whether or not it was valuable at the time. As always these videos add to the reading by providing visual aids and more in depth insight on specific topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment