Saturday, July 30, 2011

postmodern videos

Andy Warhol- I chose this video because he is a very popular artist, and I am familiar with his work. My uncle went to the Warhol museum and said once that Warhol was very messed up and he didn't like his artworks, so I wanted to learn more about Warhol and see for myself what I think about him. The video didn't really show him as being too nuts, so I decided that I still like him, unlike my uncle. The most interesting part for me was about how he made a lot of screen prints, because I am currently in the middle of screen printing here at home and it gives me inspiration.

Hockney- I had never heard of this artist before, but I enjoy photography so I decided to give him a shot. I really enjoyed the video and learning about the collages Hockney made out of poloroids. I find poloroids to be very classic and I love the way he put the piece together. I liked that this video concentrated on the artist and his process', I haven't seen that in many of the videos I have been watching this summer (maybe I have been choosing the wrong ones!).

Both the videos make the information in the book moer concrete in my mind. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment