Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Peer Reviews

Krajewski, Cassandra - cassieaed200.blogspot.com

Project #1:
 I agree with all of the elements Cassandra used in her slideshow. Like she said on her blog, almost everything we see has more than one element to it. For instance the rug she used for balance could also be used for pattern or repition.
Project #2:
 There were no images we chose that were the same. I went to the Burchfeild and Cassandra went to the Albright Knox. I have seen the canoe sculpture outside the Albright however, and I would also like to know the meaning behind the piece. Unlike Cassandra, I think this is art. I like scultpures and wacky things, and the canoes remind me of an explosion.

Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
Like I said I would like to know more about the canoe sculpture at the Albright Knox, and also I agree with Cassandra in wanting to know more about the Salvador Dali piece. His works are so unique and often hard to understand.

 
Ryan, Anthony - http://ryana01buffalostate.blogspot.com/

Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?
I was confused about the unity and space pictures. I assume the space picture is because the bulb is receding into the shade, but it doesn't pop out at me right away I had to look for the reason. A lot of the pictures could be used for other elements/principles. For example unity is similar to the picture used for texture, so it could double for that and also for pattern or repitition even though they are not the same objects, the structure is just created in a repeated manner.

Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own? Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
We did not have any images that were the same because we went to different museums, but I find interest in many of the pieces he chose. Such as the Monet, I also love pieces that change as you get closer to them as this one does. Also the Franz Marc is strange and intriguing, I would like to know more about what the painting is about and what the wolves represent.



What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?

It is interesting seeing other views on the projects I have done. Sometimes I find similar reactions, but often I read different reactions and it makes me look at things differently. This is a very valuable learning tool.

Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?
The comments are more just reactions to things that I have done, not so much criticism.
 
Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
(Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?

No comments:

Post a Comment