Saturday, July 30, 2011

modern world videos

Dada and Surrealism- I chose this video because I find the Dada style very interesting...and sometimes strange. I wanted to learn more about it. I know of the artist Salvador Dali, so it was interesting getting to learn more about his works. Also I found it very interesting to learn about surrealism. I have completely looked over surrealism in the past, and now have a new appreciation for it because of its psychological background.

Expressionism- I don't know much about later styles of art, I have focused mainly on the renaissance in the past, so I wanted to explore styles such as Expressionism. I found the style a little confusing still, as the video taught me that this style uses color instead of perfection to represent something, and that it aims to show a sensation or feeling.

These videos reinforced what was in the book...as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment