Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Exploring Line

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
Every kid has drawn hands before  so it was nice that it was a very familiar object so that even though I am not very good at drawing, I was still able to get the basic shape.

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I chose pencil, simply because it was available. I have worked with charcoal before and its easier to get better shading, but aso a lot messier and less forgiving.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
It was terrbile! I cannot do anything with my left had, I felt so useless I could barely draw a straight line. I hope I never break my right hand and have to be stuck using my left one.

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
They are alright..obviously my dominant hand drawing is a lot better and more realistic than my left handed drawing. They are both pretty terrible art-wise, but at least you can tell they are hands! My left handed dawing looks like it was done by a 3 yr. old...whoops!

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
I would consider using my left hand to do a large scale splatter painting, something that never looks wrong no matter how you do it. It might also be an idea for an art project in the future, based around a topsy-turvy upside down world theme or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment