Thursday, August 11, 2011

Reflections of AED200

1. What were you expectations for this course and where they met?
Starting this course I expected it to be challenging but rewarding, and this is exactly what the course ended up being. The course is very demanding, but it is an online course so that was expected. However the projects stirred up ideas in me and kept things interesting.

2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your intial posting?
My definition of art in my first posting still holds true at this point. I had said I defined art as something visually appealing but that it could mean different things to every viewer and that not all people were going to like it. I still stand by my definition and I feel that this course has even proved my definition even further.

3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?
I am still unsure about who my favorite artist is! I still like the Renaissance and particularily Jan van Eyck, however now I have been introduced to more art and now like lots of things instead of just a few favorites!

4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?
As I said in my first posting, online courses are demanding, but that is expected since there is no designated class time to get things done in. Online courses make it easy to gain credits though, especially if you work full time in the summer and can't go to a class on campus, or if you want to take 6 classes during the semester but don't have time to go to all on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment