Thursday, August 11, 2011

Critique Blog

1. Which projects did you review?
I reviewed Katie Lynn Raiser's "The Feeling it Brings"

2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?
I looked at almost ten exhibits and this is the one I felt I could connect with the most, and that was the most interesting to me because I could understand fully what it was about. There were many exhibits that I didn't understand the concept of their theme and just felt lost looking through the exhibit, but Katie's was not like that at all.

3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?
I had a hard time critiquing the exhibit in general because I enjoyed it a lot. I don't like to hurt people's feelings so I didn't want to be mean about anything. I would be a terrible critic! I overcame this by focusing on the good things and just offering a little advice about things that I was confused on.

4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?
It is interesting, but like I said I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I have a hard time finding the right things to say.

5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?
Yes of course, I am always intersted in what others have to say about my work. I would be nervous though that someone might say something rude.

6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?
I would rate it an 8, I think I did pretty well I am proud of it but because I am not a rude person I think it lacks character that other critic's work has.

7. Did you enjoy working on this project?
I enjoyed this project, it was very time consuming but that is understandable since it is such a large portion of our grade. It was interesting and has kept me on my toes the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment